If you have acne breakouts too often, then you have to take measures to stop it. The best way to deal with acne is to prevent it.
As they say- prevention is better than cure. Take steps to avert acne from occurring in the first place rather than dealing with it once it happens.
- Clean your face regularly:
Make it a routine to wash your face with a mild face wash twice a day, once each in the morning and in the evening. It will keep the dirt and sebum from clogging your facial pores. This will help prevent acne.
- Be gentle on your skin:
- When you dry your face after washing it, do not rub the towel against the soft skin. If you do it, the skin will become irritated and secrete more oil. This may trigger acne.
- Pat the soft and clean towel gently on the face to dry the skin instead.
- Always moisturize:
- Make sure your face is well moisturized after you wash it. Dry skin may trigger oiliness and this, in turn, may cause acne.
- Use a moisturizer that is non-oily and noncomedogenic. This will make sure that the pores on your face are not clogged by the moisturizer.
- Avoid makeup during acne breakout:
If you already have an acne breakout, any #best makeup artist will advise you to not use makeup over it. It may further aggravate the condition.
- Choose your makeup wisely:
- If you have acne-prone skin, then you should buy makeup products that suit your skin best. You may even consult the #best makeup artist in town to know hat products would go well with your skin type.
- Broadly go for products that are water-based and have tags like oil-free and noncomedogenic on their label.
- Avoid heat exposure:
- Heat triggers the oil glands to produce more sebum. This may clog the pores on your face and cause acne. It is a good idea to avoid direct heat.
- While cooking in the kitchen, make sure the area is well ventilated and install an exhaust fan for the same.
- Avoid hot, oily and spicy food and drinks. They make your skin oily and may cause acne.
- When going out in the sun, use a gel-based sunscreen to avoid exposure to UV rays. Cover your face well with a scarf.
- Tame your hormones:
- Hormonal imbalance may be a reason for acne breakout. A healthy diet and regular exercise will ensure that your hormones are well balanced.
- If you have any medical condition that may be triggering acne, consult a specialist.
- Stress is a major cause of acne. Beat the stress by resting well, doing meditation and deep breathing exercises, visiting your friends, listening to music, or spending time with your family.
- A relaxed state of mind will keep you looking fresh and lively.
Use these 8 simple but effective tips to prevent acne from occurring. Enjoy compliments for healthy and clear skin! If you have more tips for acne prevention, do share them with us.