When you wake up in the morning you may often find yourself feeling groggy and go through the rest of the day lacking energy and enthusiasm, then you need to change the way you kick start your day!
Starting your day on an autopilot mode and going through the morning routine can make you neglect your sense of well-being.
Remember, not every day is going to be perfect, but you can make efforts to make yourself more restful and calmer. This will make you go through the day feeling much better.
Here are 5-morning rituals you should include in your life for a healthy start to your day:
- Wake up on the first alarm:
- When the morning alarm rings, you are tempted to hit the snooze button, isn’t it? Well, avoid it. Get up on the sound of the alarm.
- This will prevent your body to start another sleep cycle that may not be able to finish in 5-10 minutes. As a result, you will not feel groggy and irritable throughout the day.
- You will wake up fresh and raring to go for the entire day!
- Stretch it up:
- When you sleep your spinal discs absorb fluid. This makes them expand. This natural process also causes your spine to stiffen up when you sit upright after waking up or when you wake up in a fetal position.
- It is a great idea to gently stretch your arms up along with the rest of the body while still in bed. Stretching relaxes your spinal muscles and also brings in confidence.
- You go through the day in a much happier state of mind than otherwise. It sounds like an easy way to brighten up the day, isn’t it?
- Hydrate first:
- When you sleep, you go without water for 7-8 hours at a stretch. Drink a glassful of water (stored at room temperature) when you wake up. You may also add a slice of lime to enhance its taste.
- This will help you wake up, hydrate your body effectively and boost your metabolism in the right direction.
- Give your phone a miss:
- The first thing most of you do on waking up in the morning is to reach out for your phone.
- When you check your phone first thing in the morning it may make you stressed right away. So do yourself a favor and give your phone a miss in the morning hours.
- Let your mind and body wake up slowly, collect your thoughts, and plan your day. This will set the mood for the day and you will glide through your day in a relaxed state of mind.
- Switch on the lights and take a cold shower:
- Getting ready in the morning in the dark keeps your body and mind in the sleepy state. Switch on the lights or move the window curtains to wake your body and mindfully.
- Take a quick cold shower in the morning. It will boost your adrenalin, enhance your mood and wake your system up.
- A warm shower, on the other hand, will relax you and make you sluggish.
Follow these simple rituals in the morning to jump-start your day in a relaxed manner and go through the rest of the day effortlessly!